A supportive housing program for homeless women and children operated by the YWCA of the Niagara Frontier
The YWCA of the Niagara Frontier operates a nine-bed crisis housing facility for domestic violence victims.
A 12 apartment permanent housing complex to help women avoid homelessness and escape family violence.
- Each month, we respond to 80 calls to our domestic violence and rape crisis hotlines
- Every year, we provide shelter to nearly 100 domestic violence victims and their children who have fled their homes
- Every year, we provide safety planning and counseling to 325 domestic violence victims
- Every week, one of our rape crisis advocates accompanies a traumatized rape victim to a local emergency room and continues to counsel and advocate for as long as assistance is needed
- Four days of every week, we accompany domestic violence victims to court and provide ongoing advocacy and support