At the YWCA, our organization revolves around women. We take pride in our wide variety of services intended to help women succeed and thrive – no matter what circumstances they are in.
Whether you are looking for ways to better yourself or need help getting out of a bad situation, we have the programs and resources you need to begin.
The YWCA Niagara Frontier has provided stable housing for 260 women and children, helped over 600 families with school aged childcare programs, has served 1325 women and children with our domestic violence and sexual assault services and provided employment and training for 40 marginalized women. By supporting these thousands of people, the YWCA Niagara Frontier helps the whole community to thrive.
- Each month, we respond to 80 calls to our domestic violence and rape crisis hotlines
- Every year, we provide shelter to nearly 100 domestic violence victims and their children who have fled their homes
- Every year, we provide safety planning and counseling to 325 domestic violence victims
- Every week, one of our rape crisis advocates accompanies a traumatized rape victim to a local emergency room and continues to counsel and advocate for as long as assistance is needed
- Four days of every week, we accompany domestic violence victims to court and provide ongoing advocacy and support
Acting as a ywcatalyst for change